7 Day Kilimanjaro Trekking Machame Route .
7 Day Kilimanjaro Trekking Machame Route tour plus 2 night at Park view hotel stay or Keys hotel.
Machame Route 7 days 6 nights.
Sometimes called the Whisky Route. This is a popular route up steep paths
through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland
zones to the Shira Plateau. It then traverses beneath the glaciated
precipices of the Southern Icefields to join the Barafu Route to the
summit. An extra day could be added to the itinerary, best spent on the
Shira Plateau, where you could walk to the Shira Needles. Strong groups
could omit camping at Karanga River. The Mweka Route is used for the
Accommodation on the mountain is in tents which the porters will pitch for
you. You will need a sleeping bag, warm clothes and walking poles. This is
a steep, tough trek within the limits of a fit individual used to walking
in mountain areas.
Day 1: Arrive in Moshi:
We stay at Keys, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower
slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro and is a perfect place to prepare you for
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage
Day 2: Machame Gate to Machame Hut (Full Board)
The climb starts from machame gate (1830m), we walk through the lush lower
Mt. Kilimanjaro. Slowly gaining altitude while enjoying the diverse flora
of the rain forest, you will arrive to the first Machame Hut, situated at
above sea level
If is a clear day we may get our first closer look at the glaciated dome
of Kibo if
the evening clouds permit.
Machame Gate to Machame Hut (3,000 m): 6-7 hours walking.
Day 3: Machame Camp to Shira Camp (Full Board)
A shorter day climbing up a steep ridge to reach a small semicircular
cliff known as
Picnic site, and continue up a gentler ascent through the lower alpine
which is known for beautiful wild alpine flowers. The most spectacular
views of Kibo
peak can be seen from Shira Camp.
Machame Hut to Shira Camp (3,840m); 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Shira Camp to Barranco Valley (Full Board)
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the
side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final
section of the
Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we
descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Shira Camp to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp (Full Board)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier,
where we may
have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up
Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the
continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley. After a short
a hot lunch we take a steep climb out of Karanga, and an easy path on
scree with wide views through this empty and dry landscape up to Barafu
two peaks Kibo and Mawenzi can been seen from Barafu Camp. After a hot
lunch at the
Camp, The remainder of the day is spent resting as we prepare for the
before an early night summit walk.
Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 7-9 hours walking.
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (Full Board)
We follow an easy path on compacted scree with wide views that gains
altitude unrelentingly to reach Barafu Hut (14,800 ft) for lunch. There is
a short acclimatisation hike to the plateau at the bottom of the southeast
valley (15,700 ft). The remainder of the day is spent resting in
preparation for the early morning final ascent. [3-5 hours walking]
Day 7: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (Full Board)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb
volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace
will take us
to rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for
minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling
continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater
main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few
appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and
at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 8: Descent – Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate to Moshi (Full Board)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate
will receive their summit certificates. After lunch we drive back to Keys
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Kilimanjaro Climb Includes:
Arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport , where a Amalia Adventure driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Moshi( 40KM)
• Tanzania VAT 18% on tourism activities and park fees.
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Moshi and Moshi to Kilimanjaro( 40Km)
• Accommodation 2 nights before and the night after the climb at Keys hotel in Moshi town OR Bristo hotel include Bed and breakfast.
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to
Your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees,Forest fees, camping fees and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp
to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
. Portable toilet
Kilimanjaro Climb Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters , Assistance – Guide, waiter and cook.
• visa for Tanzania.
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
|2 People||US$ 1900|
|3 People||US$ 1850|
|4~5 people||US$ 1800|
|6~8 people||US$ 1750|
|9-10 people||US$ 1700|