6 Day Kilimanjaro trekking Marangu Route.
6 Day Kilimanjaro trekking Marangu Route.
Plus 2 night hotel accommodation +2 ways transfer to the Kilimanjaro Airport.
Marangu route 6 days 5 nights.
Marangu Route is also known as the “Coca Cola” or “tourist” route. It is
and shortest route to the summit. This is also the only route with the
sleeping huts at every camp site with solar lights and comfortable beds.
are communal, and the bunks have a sponge mattress and pillow.
There are 60 beds at both Mandara and Kibo Huts and 120 beds at Horombo Hut.
Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts. Mens’ and
latrines are available at the last camp but are very basic.
All climbing groups, often from several countries around the world, share
dining huts providing a jovial and energetic atmosphere.
This route is usually done in 5 days but can be done in 6 days for better
acclimatization. The extra day can be spent resting at Horombo or climbing
peak of Mawenzi.
Day01: Arrive in Marangu:
We stay at Keys hotel in Moshi, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the
lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro and is a perfect place to prepare you for
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage
Day 2: Mandara Hut (Full board)
After having your breakfast we will make a short journey from your hotel
to National Park gate for the necessary formalities at the gate. We start
through fascinating tropical rain forest; we reach the first hut at
dinner and overnight. An alternative is to simply rest and relax the
forest around the camp.
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (2,700 m): 5-6 hours walking.
Day 3: Horrombo Hut (Full board)
Today the first part of the walk is a steep ascent through forest, but the
opens out into moorland and, in clear weather, there are great views of
We arrive at Horombo Hut mid-afternoon, where you can relax and enjoy the
scenery around the camp.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut (3,720 m): 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Horrombo Hut (Full board)
Today we walk towards the Mawenzi hut, passing the Zebra Rocks, this extra
night at Horombo is for additional acclimatization. We recommend drinking
water and walking slowly! All meals for the day are provided at the
Horombo hut to further improve our acclimatization.
Day 5: Kibo Hut (Full board)
Today we climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle
and Kibo. These 6-7 hours walking will be taken at a slow pace until we
Hut (4,700m), where we will spend the night in a comfortable hut.
There is no running water at Kibo Hut. The remainder of the day is spent
preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Horrombo Hut to Kibo Hut (4,700 m.); 4-6 hours walking.
Day 6: Kibo Hut to Summit to Horrombo Hut (Full board)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb
volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace
will take us
to rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for few
enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can
to make the three hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru
m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate
accomplishment we descend to Kiko Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at
Kibo Hut for
some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horrombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut (3,720 m.): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 7: Horrombo Hut (Full board)
Today we will descend past Mandara hut to Marangu National Park,
will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to
Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort for dinner and overnight.
Horombo hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours walking).
Kilimanjaro Climb Includes:
.Arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport, where a Amalia Adventure driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Moshi to stay.(40KM)
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Moshi and Moshi to Kilimanjaro
• Accommodation 2 nights before and the night after the climb.
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to
hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
Kilimanjaro Climb Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook.
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if travelling to Tanzania
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our
store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen and Pulse Oximeters).
|2 People||US$ 1 700|
|3 People||US$ 1650|
|4~5 people||US$ 1600|
|6~8 people||US$ 1550|
|9-10 people||US$ 1500|